Robert C. Kowert is a founding shareholder of Meyertons, Hood, Kivlin, Kowert & Goetzel, P.C., Now Kowert, Hood, Munyon, Rankin & Goetzel, P.C. He specializes in intellectual property with an emphasis in patent prosecution and counseling in the computer/software/electronic arts including computer systems, storage systems, software, microprocessor architecture, digital electronics, network and communication systems, and semiconductor fabrication processes.
Mr. Kowert has worked at Dell Computer Corporation and National Instruments Corporation as a senior design engineer. At Dell and National Instruments, Mr. Kowert designed circuit boards, integrated circuits, and software for high performance computer systems and interfaces. While at National Instruments, Mr. Kowert became a registered patent agent and served as the organizer and chairman of National Instruments’ patent committee. Mr. Kowert is the author of several technical publications and the inventor on six issued United States Patents. He is also a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
In his career, Mr. Kowert has counseled, prepared non-infringement/invalidity opinions and procured patents worldwide for numerous corporations, including Advanced Micro Devices, Compaq Computer Corp., Sun Microsystems, Veritas Software Corp., and National Instruments Corp. Mr. Kowert recently gave a presentation to the Austin Intellectual Property Law Association titled Impact of Patent Statute and Rule Changes on Prosecution Practice.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (Patent Agent)
- NASAA Investment Advisors Law Examination (Series 65)
Texas A&M University
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Magna Cum Laude
- Gathright Award (top ranked student in the College of Engineering)
- Selected to Phi Kappa Phi, Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, and Phi Eta Sigma honor societies
- Received a research grant to develop a photo-assisted electronic probe for semiconducting material
University of Texas
- M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Microelectronics and Computer Development
Performed research in computer architecture, CMOS IC design, and VLSI layout
The University of Texas School of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence degree with high honors
- Member of Chancellors, the Order of Coif, and the Texas Law Review
- Mr. Kowert received the highest score in the state when he took the Texas bar exam