Xianghui (Sean) Huang
Sean Huang specializes in patent prosecution in the electrical/software arts including microprocessors and systems-on-chip, digital and analog circuits, augmented reality/virtual reality, machine learning, cloud computing, and database.
Before beginning his legal career, Sean has worked as an electrical engineer at ExxonMobil and GE Global Research. At ExxonMobil, he led development of electrical T&D systems for offshore and Arctic oil fields. At GE, he designed power electronics for aircraft, motor drives, and hybrid vehicles.
Prior to joining the firm, Sean has worked in international/national law firms on patent prosecution, litigation, opinions, and due diligence.
Sean is the inventor of several U.S. patents. He is also an IEEE Senior Member.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- B.S., Electrical Engineering
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
- Ph.D./M.S., Electrical Engineering
University of Houston Law Center
- J.D., cum laude
- Receipt of the Houston IP Law Association (HIPLA) Student Scholarship, University of Houston Institute for IP and Information Law Award for Distinguished Accomplishment, and Dean’s Scholarship